Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I CAN Knit!

I get asked constantly if in addition to crochet, can I also knit?


My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was a kid, around 8 or 9 years old. I guess I just felt more comfortable with crochet because I kept that up over the years but never pick knitting back up again. Soooo, technically I might be able to knit something, but really, I never learned how to cast on, I don't know what all the stitches are called or how to do them and forget about reading a pattern. 

Most people don't actually know the difference between knit and crochet. Short answer, knitting uses the two pointy needles and crochet uses a hook. When I tell people I crochet they always assume I'm talking about knitting. Even though I'm a pretty accomplished crocheter, It always makes me feel inadequate that I can't knit. Want to see my crochet projects? You can take a look at my crochet blog posts or stop by my Etsy shop

The other day I saw a pair of knit fingerless gloves that I had to have and that's what did it, I was going to make them! Not so fast. I need three double pointed needles...what?? Ok, maybe I need to start on something a little easier and preferably on YouTube because for real, I don't know what I'm doing.

After looking at a billion tutorials, I decided on this video from B.hooked Crochet. I was a little worried with some of the negative comments but I had no problems following along at all! I got the same Clover needles(found at Michael's) recommended in supply list and I used Bernat Softee Chunky, Grey Ragg yarn.


I was so excited with my new hat, I even made another one! I got a little daring with this one, I made some size adjustments because I used a lighter weight yarn AND I use three different colors.


Subscribe and get my new blog posts sent to your inbox!


I will be sharing with these great blogs!





Follow me here:

6 comments:

  1. Your hats turned out very cute! I know how to do crocheting and knitting just a little, so that hat pattern sounds perfect for me. But I think your crochet skills must have helped with your knitting because those stitches look beautiful and even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, your hat came out so nice and you did a great job knitting it. Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hate is great. My mother didn't crochet, but she could knit. She taught me to knit but I was never able to pick up a stitch is I drop one. Crochet is so much easier to work but knitting is smoother looking. Congrat. I would love to have this skill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do both - I learnt both from my granny and my mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop, get you!
    I love to knit and crochet although I tend to do way more crochet these days, it's still nice to pick up knitting needles now and again. This hat is lovely, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can knit but I never do it; your post inspired me to try and knit myself a hat :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...